A2 Hosting is known for its high-powered and user-friendly reputation of putting speed and reliability at the top of its hosting priority list. The company takes pride in its high-speed solid-state drivers (SSD) called Turbo Servers, which are 20 times faster when loading pages than a standard non-SSD server.
Bryan Muthig founded A2 Hosting, known formerly as Inquinet, in 2001. Muthig created A2 Hosting to manage a few clients. But in 2003, the company had gained a lot more new clients than expected. They later changed the company name to A2 Hosting, naming it after Ann Arbor, the town in Michigan where everything began.
A2 Hosting is known for its green hosting practices. Through its partnership with Carbonfund, the company has aimed to reduce its carbon footprint. Since 2007, A2 Hosting has been 100% carbon neutral.
- Best Web Hosting Services in Australia
- Best Web Hosting Services in Singapore
- Best Web Hosting Services in Canada
- Best Web Hosting Services in Malaysia
A2 Hosting offers a variety of convenient web hosting plans, including:
- WordPress hosting plan is adapted for WordPress websites and blogs. Prices start at $2.99 per month.
- VPS hosting plan is ideal for small business sites. VPS hosting has more features than the basics of shared hosting plans. Prices start at $5 per month.
- Shared hosting plan is an excellent choice for starters. This plan is the most affordable and easy-to-use type of hosting. Prices start at $2.99 per month.
- Cloud hosting plan offers great flexibility. Since your website is stored on multiple servers, it also means that you can pull resources from various places. Prices start from $5 monthly.
- Reseller hosting plan allows you to rent hard drive space and bandwidth from A2 Hosting. This plan also allows you to rent that space to a third party, just as though you were the hosting provider. Prices start at $13.19 per month.
- Dedicated hosting plan may be the most expensive, but its performance proves worthy of its price for its accessible and high-powered type of hosting. Prices start at $99.59 per month.
A2 Hosting’s customer support provides one-on-one aide, and their reps are available round the clock. They make sure 24/7 that the site runs smoothly for the convenience of their clients.
The Guru Crew, A2 Hosting’s customer support team, is deemed helpful and friendly according to customer reviews. They offer a selection of support actions, including a live chat feature, global phone lines, an easy-to-search knowledge base, and online tickets.
A2 Hosting does not outsource its staff, which means that everyone has a centralized knowledge base. All their staff also speak fluent English, making it easier for you to convey your concerns.
- A2 Hosting offers a money-back guarantee where you can get your bucks back within the first 30 days after signing up for an account
- A2 Hosting has enhanced server security that protects your website from any threats
- The company offers excellent backup features by keeping seven copies of your site
- The company has several server locations in Europe, Asia, and America (East or West Coast)
- Storage is unlimited, and bandwidth is unmetered
- Signing up can be tricky due to their crammed webpage and slow disclosure of hosting rates.
- Uptime seems fine, but other providers can guarantee a more improved uptime speed
Without a doubt, you can never go wrong with the hosting options offered by A2 Hosting.
Not everyone will agree, though, that A2 Hosting is the most competitive web hosting provider. If customer support, security, and cloud or reseller hosting plans are significant for you, the A2 Hosting will suit your needs. But if uptime is your priority, you might want to check other web hosting providers that will better suit your needs.