Web Page Monitoring – How It Works
With the release of web page monitoring services, monitoring content of interest to users has never been easier.
To monitor web-enabled content for changes, all that is required is an e-mail account and a strong mindset for being the first to know about relevant changes to recently updated content.
Web page monitoring services are user-friendly with all services driven by custom user settings and subscriber preferences.
Overview: Web Page Monitoring
A vast array of content is available on the Internet.
With the assistance of top search engines like Yahoo or Google, most Web users have mastered content discovery.
On the other hand, keeping up to date with content updates is a challenge for most Internet users.
Sure there are “RSS feeds” and many web sites today offer proprietary update notification services, but not everyone wants to deal with complicated web technology such as RSS or yet another content change notification service that is specific to a particular website. Besides not every web site is deployed with an RSS feed. Furthermore most on-site content change notification services are controlled by the webmaster which means less choice for Internet users.
As such, most Internet surfers prefer a simple means to track the hidden web or sensitive content for most any web-enabled content. This is likely to be at odds with the goals of a webmaster who may not want Internet visitors to track updates to certain areas of the website he administers.
Therefore Internet users find value in centralizing web page monitoring and update notification with a single, simple third-party service.
Web Page Monitoring: How It Works
Safety, security and convenience built in.
There are two ways in which web page monitoring solutions are deployed.
- Download software
- Online web services
Of the two web page monitoring delivery approaches, online web page monitoring services are of higher value because there is nothing to download to your computer and new web page monitoring features can easily be added to the service.
Having to first download and then install software packages onto your computer is a virus risk. Most companies and many smart internet users work to avoid downloading unknown, or otherwise unproven, software onto their computers.
With online web page monitoring, Internet users also are not required to take extra steps to download software “patches” and/or install security updates. Because there is no such thing as a downloadable software patch with an online web service…
With online web page monitoring, everything executes safely on the Web as a secure Internet service.
Web Page Monitoring: Service Benefits
Top 10 reasons why you need a web page monitoring solution today!
- Be the first to know about important content changes to the web content that is the most relevant to your interests
- Automatically, monitor any web-enabled content for changes
- Track high value content typically obscured by password protection
- Monitor changes to web search and HTML forms
- Pass custom cookies to further unveil the hidden web to content update monitoring
- Avoid computer viruses and other malware because there is no software to download when you subscribe to a web service for web page monitoring
- Track sensitive content such as a press release, online price changes or even a competitor’s website — The best web page monitoring services track your sensitive conent confidentially and privately from anonymous third-party, proxy servers
- Capitalize on a state-of-the-art, self-healing system for proactive web page update tracking and notification which consistently delivers results that other web services are unable to duplicate
- Consult with content monitoring experts offering web page monitoring premium services
- Work online from anywhere…
Is Web Page Monitoring Right For You?
Web users just like you use web page monitoring services to track their favorite web-enabled content for changes.
- Sales Professionals
- Business Executives
- Intellectual Property Attorneys
- Newsletter Publishers
- Librarians and Information Researchers
- Software Developers
- Software Buyers
- Message Board Subscribers
- Job Seekers
TIP: The top web page monitoring solutions feature content changes with color coded highlights, often in red and green. Red is used for removed content while green is often used for recently added content.
Terms: work web montiroing
Tags: Change Notification, Competitive Intelligence, content change notification, content changes, Content Discovery, Content Updates, Content Web, E Mail Account, Google, Google Web, Hidden Web, how to, internet, Internet Surfers, Internet Users, Internet Visitors, Marketing, Monitoring Services, Monitoring Solutions, monitoring update, Notification Service, Notification Services, online, page monitoring, Relevant Changes, Sensitive Content, Service Web, services, Sites Source, Technology, Top Search Engines, web, Web Page Monitoring, Web Technology, Web Users