- How It Works
- Subscription Plans
- Sample Applications
- Who Uses ChangeDetect?
- Special Offers
- Frequently Asked Questions
Web Page Monitoring Defined
Web Page Monitoring is an Internet service from ChangeDetect that saves a user’s favorite web pages, regularly monitors them for changes and sends an e-mail alert with the actual changes included in the notification.
Large swaths of valuable content have been published to the Internet.
When leveraging dominant search engines like Google, Bing or Yahoo, most Internet users have mastered new content detection.
It is no surprise that keeping up-to-date with periodically changing content is quite a challenge for Internet users that do not use web page monitoring.
Some users have turned to “RSS feeds” which are slowly increasing in popularity. In addition, some webmasters have deployed proprietary content update alert technology on their websites, but not all users are interested in managing the complexity of new technology like RSS feeds. Others do not want to invest precious resources learning yet another update notification service that only applies to a particular website.
As such, most Internet surfers prefer a simple means to track the hidden web or proprietary data for most any web-enabled content. However this is likely to be at odds with the goals of a webmaster who may not want Internet visitors to track updates to certain areas of the website he administers.
Therefore Internet users find value in centralizing web page monitoring and update notification with a single, simple third-party service.
Similarly, many corporate users have a business need for website change notification including monitoring sensitive content for any web-enabled content up to and including (1) new marketing announcements for a competitor, (2) the latest industry news and/or (3) joint venture partnerships between competitors.
Timely business information about the internal workings of a company comes easily to insiders but those on the outside want and need much of the same information as insiders. Many would argue that some of those outside parties may be entitled to more information than insiders (at least in the case of outside investors, government regulators and even watchdog organizations). In all cases, the information delivery must also be in as timely a manner as possible.
However the typical goals and directives given to a webmaster are not likely to be harmonious with the business needs of organizational “outsiders” who demand an easy solution to monitor changes specific to certain areas of the webmaster’s public website.
Internet users value centralizing web page monitoring and update change notification with one, simple hosted solution.
How It Works
There are two approaches taken by web page monitoring providers.
- Download software
- Online web services
Of the two web page monitoring delivery approaches, online web page monitoring services are of higher value because there is nothing to download to your computer and new web page monitoring features can easily be added to the service.
Having to download and then install software onto your hard drive is a virus risk. Most companies and many savvy internet users try to avoid downloading unknown and/or unproven software onto their computers.
With online web page monitoring, Internet users also are not required to take extra steps to download software “patches” and/or install security updates. Because there is no such thing as a downloadable software patch with an online web service…
Benefits of Web Page Monitoring Services
Top 10 reasons why busy executives leverage a web page monitoring solution:
- Be the first to know about relevant content changes to the web content that interests you the most
- Automatically, track any web-enabled content for updates
- Monitor high value content hidden behind password protected web pages
- Track changes to dynamic web searches and HTML forms
- Use custom cookies to further unlock the hidden web to content monitoring
- Avoid computer viruses because there is nothing to download when you use a web service
- Monitor sensitive content such as a competitor’s website, press releases or online price changes — all done confidentially and privately from the web page monitoring service’s (anonymous third-party) proxy servers
- Leverage a unique, self-healing technical implementation for proactive web page change tracking that consistently delivers results that other services are unable to match
- Collaborate with content monitoring experts offering premium web page monitoring services
- Work anywhere as you work online…
Who Uses Web Page Monitoring Services?
Web users from all walks of life leverage monitoring services to track their favorite content for changes.
- Sales Professionals
- Business Executives
- Intellectual Property Attorneys
- Newsletter Publishers
- Librarians and Information Researchers
- Software Developers
- Software Buyers
- Message Board Subscribers
- Job Seekers
Monitor Web Pages for Changes
ChangeDetect provides web page monitoring that features content changes with color-coded highlighting — in red and green. Red for removed content and green for newly added content changes.